Policies and Procedures
Thank you for choosing our service. Our goal is to make your furry family member(s) as comfortable and as happy as possible while you are away.
We hope that you enjoy having your pet(s) pampered by Villaridge Pet Sitters, LLC. If your experience is satisfactory feel free to refer us to your friends and neighbors. If you have time, a letter and photo of your pet for our website is always appreciated.
The following is a list of our policies. If you have any questions, please contact us. Your comfort is our goal!
- RESERVATIONS: You can email or call us with requests for pet care and we ask that you give us sufficient time to find coverage for you if at all possible, especially during busy holiday periods. To ensure that your pet is on the schedule, please look for our email confirmation from our scheduling system and check the dates and times of the visits for accuracy. We encourage you to communicate directly with the walker / sitter about timeframes for visits and other details.
- PAYMENTS & DEPOSITS: For our regular MIDDAY WALKS, we will email confirmation of your schedule/ invoice at the beginning of each month, during the month with requested changes and again at the end of the month. Payment can be made at any time during the month but will be past due and subject to a $25 late fee on the 15th of the following month. If you are paying by credit, we will charge your card at the end of the month. We also accept checks which can be mailed to our box address below or bill pay through your bank.
Villaridge Pet Sitters LLC
11654 Plaza America Drive, Box 657
Reston VA 20190-4700
A confirmation/invoice will be emailed to you at the time that we schedule a PET SIT OR OVERNIGHT SERVICE and it can be paid at any time before or during the service but will be past due and subject to a $25 late fee 15 days after the service is complete. We will charge your card after the service is complete unless you ask us to charge it at the time we schedule your service.
- CANCELLATION FEES AND DEPOSIT: While we try to be flexible and we realize that things come up, frequent cancellations do impact our walkers / sitters income.
MIDDAY WALKS: There will be no charge if you cancel by 9am unless cancellations exceed 5 per month. After 9am the same day of a scheduled walk and or after 5 cancellations for that month the fee is $10 per cancellation.
- PET SITS AND OVERNIGHTS:
- During non-holiday periods with less than 1 week notice
- $25 for invoices under $200
- $50 for invoices over $200
- During major holiday periods with less than 1 week notice
- $50 for invoices under $200
- $100 for invoices over $200
We must ask for a deposit in the amount of the cancellation fee for pet sits or overnights during a major holiday period. We will of course return the deposit if sufficient notice, more than a week, is given to cancel.
- FRIENDS AND FAMILY ACCESS: Villaridge Pet Sitters, LLC will allow for you to have friends and/or family to come visit your pet(s) however, Villaridge Pet Sitters, LLC is not responsible for any damages incurred to or in your home or to your pet during any time period that anyone other than Villaridge Pet Sitters, LLC has access to your home. PLEASE notify Villaridge Pet Sitters, LLC if there will be anyone else having access to your home.
- ADDITIONAL FEES: All additional fees are listed on our Rates Page of our Website.
- HOLIDAYS: There will be an additional $25 one time surcharge for all major holiday periods.Please see the Rates Page of our Website
- RETURN CHECK CHARGE: Client agrees to pay a $25 fee for each check returned by the client’s bank regardless of the reason.
- KEY PICKUP & RETURN POLICY: We will ask you to provide us with 2 keys or codes to enter your home. Your primary and your back up sitter will keep your keys on file if you have frequent service. If you are an occasional pet sit client, your keys will be kept on file in our office. There is a $12 charge to pick up or drop off keys after the initial consultation.
- UNSECURED PETS: Villaridge Pet Sitters, LLC will not be held liable for free-roaming outdoor pets (i.e., cats, dogs left out in the yard, or with access to a doggy-door) in the event of illness, injury, loss or death. It is strongly advised that all pets wear an ID tag with a contact number and that they remain inside the home or confined for their own safety and welfare in your absence.
- SECURED AREAS: It is the pet owner’s sole responsibility to pet-proof any areas of the home and/or property to which the pet has access. This includes thoroughly inspecting fences, gates, latches, doors and other devices meant to keep pets inside of or away from any areas pets may be having access to. The pet sitter does not assume and has no liability for any injuries the pet may sustain while in its own home/property.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER: We ask you to arrange an emergency backup plan with a neighbor or a person close to your home in case your sitter cannot get to your house safely during severe weather.
Sarah Parkinson (703) 431-7450
Your regular midday walkers will decide if it is safe for them to do the scheduled visits especially if government or schools are closed, so please communicate with them directly.
- COMPLETION OF TRIP: Let your sitter know by text, email, or call as soon as you have returned safely from your trip, otherwise they will continue to visit until they hear from you.